Fire, Smoke & Soot
Fire, Smoke & Soot
A personal commitment to restoring businesses, lives
Fires cause extreme distress for our clients and unfortunately, many of our restoration projects are the result of such an event. No matter how large or small a fire may be, the toll can be devastating, and the clean-up and repair can be complicated.
The physical damage caused by a fire makes remaining in business during the restoration process extremely challenging and, many times, impossible. Fires can also cause great personal and emotional distress for owners, managers, and employees.
Our team of technicians and specialists are trained not only in the proper techniques of assessing and addressing damages caused by fire, but also in understanding the situation and explaining the next steps with the client. We will be there with you, every step of the way, helping to get your building back to its pre-loss condition (or better) and to get your business — and life — back in order.
For us, restoring a property following a fire is not just a project. In these situations, we realize that our clients have suffered a loss and, for them, it can be personal. We have a tremendous responsibility, and for us, that is personal.
What We Do
Once the first responders and other authorized personnel clear the area and ensure all occupants have safely exited the building, our team will evaluate the site and implement a restoration plan. Safety is of the utmost importance and caution signs will be placed throughout the affected areas to restrict access and ensure maximum safety for all involved.
Cleaning and Selective Demolition
All affected surfaces are evaluated to identify any contamination that may be present. All salvageable materials will be cleaned, and non-salvage materials will be logged and discarded.
Once all affected contents and building materials have been addressed, we will present the client with a comprehensive reconstruction plan. This plan will be created in conjunction with the client’s insurance company representatives if applicable.
The client team will receive consistent updates and chronological photographic documentation throughout the restoration and reconstruction process. All documentation and readings, reconstruction-related submittals, and RFIs will be tracked and shared via the proprietary BlueTeam app.
- Restoration crews arrive at the affected facility and area as quickly as possible
- Crews are instructed to avoid contact with contaminated materials and wear proper protective equipment during the examination process
- All individuals and hazards are safely secured and caution signage is place throughout the property and premises
- Structural and building materials are collected and analyzed for contamination
- Industrial hygienist documents the results and drafts a report
- Based on contamination-testing results, a treatment plan and project scope are established and implemented
- Plan includes a decision on whether biocides should be used
- Determinations are made regarding what materials can be salvaged and which must be replaced during the restoration process
- Contamination-testing results from the industrial hygienist’s report will be used to determine if the damaged area must be treated for microbial growth
- All equipment, floors, walls, ceilings and contaminated materials are cleaned and sanitized
- Environment is stabilized by using HEPA filtration and air-scrubbers
- Third-party clearance testing is encouraged to ensure there is no conflict of interest
- Area is prepared for reconstruction
- Once the damaged area is fully cleaned and restored to pre-loss condition or better, a client satisfaction approval sign-off will be requested
- All completion documentation is provided or submitted to the appropriate parties
- Outstanding claims with insurance adjustors will be settled on the client’s behalf