Fire, Smoke & Soot
Fire, Smoke & Soot
A personal commitment to restoring businesses, lives
Fires cause extreme distress for our clients and unfortunately, many of our restoration projects are the result of such an event. No matter how large or small a fire may be, the toll can be devastating, and the clean-up and repair can be complicated.
The physical damage caused by a fire makes remaining in business during the restoration process extremely challenging and, many times, impossible. Fires can also cause great personal and emotional distress for owners, managers, and employees.
Our team of technicians and specialists are trained not only in the proper techniques of assessing and addressing damages caused by fire, but also in understanding the situation and explaining the next steps with the client. We will be there with you, every step of the way, helping to get your building back to its pre-loss condition (or better) and to get your business — and life — back in order.
For us, restoring a property following a fire is not just a project. In these situations, we realize that our clients have suffered a loss and, for them, it can be personal. We have a tremendous responsibility, and for us, that is personal.
What We Do
Once the first responders and other authorized personnel clear the area and ensure all occupants have safely exited the building, our team will evaluate the site and implement a restoration plan. Safety is of the utmost importance and caution signs will be placed throughout the affected areas to restrict access and ensure maximum safety for all involved.
Cleaning and Selective Demolition
All affected surfaces are evaluated to identify any contamination that may be present. All salvageable materials will be cleaned, and non-salvage materials will be logged and discarded.
Once all affected contents and building materials have been addressed, we will present the client with a comprehensive reconstruction plan. This plan will be created in conjunction with the client’s insurance company representatives if applicable.
The client team will receive consistent updates and chronological photographic documentation throughout the restoration and reconstruction process. All documentation and readings, reconstruction-related submittals, and RFIs will be tracked and shared via the proprietary BlueTeam app.
- Restoration crews arrive at the affected facility and area as quickly as possible
- Crews are instructed to avoid contact with contaminated materials and wear proper protective equipment during the examination process
- All individuals and hazards are safely secured and caution signage is place throughout the property and premises
- Structural and building materials are collected and analyzed for contamination
- Industrial hygienist documents the results and drafts a report
- Based on contamination-testing results, a treatment plan and project scope are established and implemented
- Plan includes a decision on whether biocides should be used
- Determinations are made regarding what materials can be salvaged and which must be replaced during the restoration process
- Contamination-testing results from the industrial hygienist’s report will be used to determine if the damaged area must be treated for microbial growth
- All equipment, floors, walls, ceilings and contaminated materials are cleaned and sanitized
- Environment is stabilized by using HEPA filtration and air-scrubbers
- Third-party clearance testing is encouraged to ensure there is no conflict of interest
- Area is prepared for reconstruction
- Once the damaged area is fully cleaned and restored to pre-loss condition or better, a client satisfaction approval sign-off will be requested
- All completion documentation is provided or submitted to the appropriate parties
- Outstanding claims with insurance adjustors will be settled on the client’s behalf
We are your trusted partner in times of need.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Quickly Can You Respond to A Fire Damage Restoration Request?
At Blue Team, we understand every moment counts in preventing further issues and beginning the restoration process promptly. Therefore, our team is available anytime, ensuring you receive the immediate attention and support you need to mitigate the effects of fire damage.
Which Kind of Properties Do You Work With?
Our expertise in fire, smoke, and soot restoration extends to a diverse range of commercial properties. We have a proven track record of successfully restoring properties in various industries, including but not limited to hospitality, senior care facilities, healthcare facilities, multifamily buildings, institutional markets, and office spaces. Regardless of the type of commercial property, we bring our wealth of experience and resources to bear, tailoring our restoration services to suit the specific requirements of each building.
Why Choose Blue Team for Fire Damage Restoration?
Selecting Blue Team for your fire damage restoration needs has a host of compelling benefits. For instance, our expertise and experience in the field are unmatched. We provide comprehensive services, covering everything from initial damage assessment and debris removal to cleaning, structural repairs, content restoration, and smoke and odor removal. Additionally, we deliver customized solutions tailored to the needs of your property, ensuring a personalized approach that prioritizes your specific requirements. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, we stay at the forefront of industry best practices to deliver optimal results. Our commitment to timely response is unwavering, as we know the importance of minimizing further damage and restoring your property to its pre-fire condition as quickly as possible. We also assist our clients in navigating the complexities of insurance claims for a smoother process. By choosing Blue Team, you are selecting a partner with a proven track record of excellence and a commitment to restoring your property to its fullest potential.
What Will You Do If Fire Has Led to Water Damage or Mold Growth?
In cases where a fire has resulted in additional problem, Blue Team is well-prepared to address these concerns as an integral part of the restoration process. When confronted with water damage, our experts initiate swift water extraction and drying procedures. Using specialized equipment, we remove excess water, thoroughly dry affected areas, and take measures to prevent secondary issues like mold growth. If mold growth is detected during the restoration process, our team employs industry-standard mold remediation techniques to ensure the safe removal and remediation of affected areas.